- Jauqo III-X, Player, Fender Jazz
Fretless with JZ3
- ... so if you feel your Bass is dull and lack character this preamp
will not only enhance your Bass but what ever overal quality's your
Bass may have this preamp will definitely add to it...it is totally
quiet (no hiss at all even when I add more treble)...I like a certain
growl when I play Fretless and even tho there was growl to begin with
the Audere definitely brings a wealth more...
- L. Hooper, Player, Fender Jazz Deluxe, JZ5D
- The JZ3 preamp will be the next big thing on the market.
It gives a big sound but not overwhelming. It's smooth, quiet and you
can dial in your tone rather than trying to EQ the sound. This preamp
is a player's dream. If you don't have it in your arsenal, make it your
business to get it. The builder's name is Dave Meadows and he was very
helpful in the installation process. I
recommend this preamp to all those who represent and hold down the low
- M. Jackson, Player,
Fender Jazz with JZ3
- ...I must say this is not the Fender I thought
I was going to fall in love with, this is an audere with a fender body I feel in love
with "at first slap".
This pre makes me want to play ... Any good bassist will tell
you, if the sound is right for the player and the action is
where they want it to be at, it opens his/her creative level to play.
You have widened my desire to be creative on this bass.
- A. Dow,
Player, F Bass with 3ZB
- ... I've never been so happy with my sound, and I'm a sound fanatic.
I had so much fun playing last night and I know that part of that came
from having such a beautiful sound. It was just so easy to play. Your
preamp is the s***! ...
- A. Yilmaz, Player,
Fender Jazz Fretless with JZ3
- ... I was thinking about converting all my basses to passive, but
after hearing how breathy and open the sound on the Audere is, I think
I am giving up that idea. Simply put, the preamp is so transparent that
I do not feel like I am hearing it,...
the sound in general is so good,
so focused and so fast!...
- M. Zimmerman, Player, Curbow
- ...Of the two preamps, I much prefer the Audere...it's struck me as
one of the best preamps I've played. The Z-Mode switch allows for three
distinct "characters", and the EQ bands seem to cover a fairly
wide range so the controls can have a big sonic impact while still sounding
- D. Simpson, Player, Custom Guitar with 3ZB
- It's a blessing to have an Audere preamp early on in my recording
career. I highly recommend it for Bass players, Electric Upright Bass/Cello
players and Extended Range Guitarists. It highlights a lot of texture
and dynamics that are typically lost in amps and mixes. I can now walk
into a recording session with the sound that I would normally have to
get the engineer to milk the mixing board to give me. The growl is crisp
and gutsy while the singing highs are sparlking with howling harmonics.
Thanks for making such a preamp.
- C. Westland, Player, Fender Geddy Lee with JZ3
- ... The Low-Z setting with the Fralin single coil J-pups is wonderful;
very warm and rich, with lots of clarity. It's different than the passive
J-bass sound; clearer with more complexity. The Fralins + maple neck
+ Audere Low-Z setting are magical. I don't have any other bass that
gives me this sort of warmth/ punch/ clarity....
[months later he upgraded his Modulus Genesis 5 Bass with a 3ZB]
... the Audere has opened up the sound, and given it a nice articulation.
got a great product ...
even without all of the controls, it would be a superb amp, but the ability to
squeeze all sorts of sounds out of pickups is incredible. Kudos.
- S. Noordam, Player, Fender Jazz with JZ3
- Deze pre-amp van Audere Audio is elke euro waard die je uitgeeft.
David Meadows heeft naar mijn mening de mooiste pre-amp gemaakt die
je kan vinden voor je jazzbas. Het installeren is zelfs voor de a-techneuten
een kleine moeite. Mijn jazzbas laat ineens horen wat er werkelijk mogelijk
is om er uit te halen. Voor de prijs, vergeleken bij andere pre-amp's,
hoef je het niet te laten, want die is laag voor zoveel mooi's.
- B. Siegler, Player, Fender Geddy Lee with JZ3
- ...So I get to my gig, and I found myself with my EQ entirely flat...
amp and bass. I NEVER ran it that way. I couldn't believe how great
it sounded that way. ... the bass is SO MUCH EASIER TO PLAY.
of fighting my bass all night, I just played it. I even found that my
hands were less tired at the end of the night.
- S. Glass,
Luthier, Glasstone Bass, Custom with 3ZB
- ... The tone,
clarity and versatiity of your pre-amp is heaven on earth [Sammy's
day gig - Church Minister]. This bass player left going
straight to the studio to do overdubs he had been
putting off not feeling inspired, now with the Audere system on
board he's inspired all over again...
- D. Memory, Luthier,
Oni Guitar, Custom with 3ZB
- ... The 4-band is in now. I haven't played around with the adjustments
just yet but so far I'm loving it. The EQ frequencies are well chosen
and useful, and I believe this is the first pre that I've tried with
a usable treble boost!
... I'll get this into the hands of a real bass player through
a real amp and let you know the results.....
[2 weeks later]
...Well, I'm not sure how you'll react to this, but the pramp is currently
in the hands of my customer and he's asked me to pass on a message.
These are his' words, not mine ;-) "Tell him
he's a bad mutha f*****, it rocks!." ...
- B. LeCompte, Luthier, LeCompte Basses, Fanned Fret Custom
- ... It has a clear quality to it that's a great starting tone to adjust
the eq from...
I'm still kind of tripping over an actual useable mid
I also want to comment on how quiet the Z-mode is. Quietest
I've ever heard, or not heard...
- M. Schmill, Luthier, FBB Bass,
Custom with 3ZB
- ... Here are my conclusions:
1) awesomely easy install
2) awesomely great components
3) awesome blue LED
4) awesomely complete package with different color dress washers for
5) awesome diagram and thorough description
6) awesomely awesome sound
Thank you to these players and the many others who have given us feedback.
Our goal is to provide outstanding value and performance, your feedback
us get there.
Fender Jazz Bass is a trademark of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
and Audere Audio has no affiliation with them. Bet you knew that already...